What’s the most well-funded technology startup in your state?
A new map released by CB Insights identifies the most well-funded venture capital-backed technology startup in each state based on disclosed equity funding.
The map includes companies in all 50 states, plus Washington, D.C. Four states – Mississippi, Alaska, North Dakota and South Dakota – did not meet CB Insights’ criteria, so the report includes the most well-funded private technology companies since 2015 in those four states.
Here are some key takeaways:
Most Well-Funded Startup
- California-based Uber is the most well-funded startup on the map with $12.5 billion of funding to date
- There are nine “unicorns” (companies valued at $1 billion or more) that are also the most well-funded startup in their respective state: Uber (CA), Datto (CT), Magic Leap (FL), GrenSky (GA), Avant (IL), Draft Kings (MA), Infor (NY), Domo (UT), and Vox Media (Washington, D.C.).
Companies That Raised At Least $1 Billion in Equity Funding
- There are seven companies on the list that have raised $1 billion or more in disclosed equity funding to date. These companies include, among others, OneWeb (VA), Infor (NY) and IO (AZ).
Companies That Raised At Least $1 Billion In Equity Funding In A Single Funding Round
- Companies that have (at least once) raised $1 billion or more in one round of funding include, among others, Uber (CA), OneWeb (VA) and Infor (NY).
Companies That Raised More Than $100 Million in Equity Funding
- There are 20 companies that have raised $100 million or more in disclosed equity funding to date.
Companies That Raised Less Than $50 Million In Equity Funding
- There are 17 companies that have raised less than $50 million, including Zlien (LA) and Hobnob (Hawaii)
Here is the full list of companies and their accompanying states, including Washington, D.C.:
Source: SANS ISC SecNewsFeed @ March 1, 2017 at 05:54AM